A downloadable simulation for Windows
Chunky Orbits is a simulation of free-floating objects in space based on real life physics. Each object in the scene attracts each of the others in a cosmic tug-of-war that we call Gravity. Tap out a few boulders and contemplate the wonders of the Universe.
Get up-close and personal with Gravity.
Fill your Universe with a collection of cosmic chunks: boulders, white dwarfs, comets, and chunky fireballs. Add some trails to your rocks to trace their paths. Or bust out the sparkly photon cannon - a delete button with a kick! It's a big physics based playground. Create a random cluster of boulders and watch as they collect into larger, chunky groups. Launch a super-massive White Dwarf and observe how it affects the other bodies in the system. Create a small 'solar system' and see how many chunks you can get into orbit.
Oculus Quest Changelog:
October 11th, 2019 - v0.91
- Initial conversion to Oculus Quest
- Upgraded from Unity 5.6 to 2019.1
- Converted fro UnityScript to C#
- Switched from SteamVR to Oculus SDK
- Known Issues:
- No music
- Some Reboot orbits are messed up because old me was a dumbass.
- Reboot flash is annoying and too much in-your-face
- Still can't get the throwing release just right. Still best to use a pushing motion.
June 23rd - v1.11
- Fixed a bug where the player would move in the wrong direction after rotating using the right stick.
April 26th, 2017 - v1.1
- New movement option.You can now move around the sim with controls that are similar to classic first person controls. Use the left touchpad/stick to move and the right touchpad/stick to rotate. You can also point with your left hand to modify your direction or go backwards by pulling back on the left touchpad/stick. The old 'accordian' style movement is still available for those who like it.
- Change your scale by pressing in on the right touchpad/stick and then pushing it forward or back.
- Gamepad users now need to press the Start button on the menu menu instead of the A button.
- Some small changes to the way the main menu detects input and decides whether to launch the gamepad or tracked controller version of the sim.
- Updated to Unity engine v 5.6
- Updated to SteamVR plugin v 1.2.1
In order to download this simulation you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: