A downloadable simulation for Windows
Get up-close and personal with Gravity.
Chunky Orbits is a simulation of free-floating objects in space based on real life physics. Each object in the scene attracts each of the others in a cosmic tug-of-war that we call Gravity. Tap out a few boulders and contemplate the wonders of the Universe. (^_^)
Chunky Orbits is now available on Steam.
Purchase here and get a free Steam key, too.
Gamepad (xbox 360 controller) and Oculus Rift or HTC Vive required.
- Triggers: Thrust forward and backward
- Left Analog Stick: Steer your ship
- Shoulder Buttons: Roll your ship
- A Button: Add an item to the simulation
- B Button: Toggle inverted flight controls
- Y Button: Re-center the Rift view
- ALT-F4: Quit.
Select items on the green control pad by turning your head to look at each control then pause for a second to activate it. The controls on the left let you choose items to add to the simulation. You can add boulders, add a very heavy 'white dwarf', and a boulder that absorbs smaller rocks, or fire a photon missile. The controls on the right let you erase everything in the sim, add a random collection of boulders, or add a simple 'solar system' with a several planets and a very heavy 'sun' in the center.
Read the review from The Rift Arcade
"generating a miniature solar system and then firing white dwarfs into the mix has never been more entertaining."
September 30th, 2016: Steam Release
- Changed name from Gravitas to Chunky Orbits
- Released on Steam. Itch customers now receive Steam key as well.
- Raised minimum purchase price from $0 to $1.99
August 31st, 2016: v0.92
- Added support for HTC Vive (via OpenVR). If you try this on your Vive, please let me know how it works for you. I'm still kind of flying blind with Vive support - don't have one yet. -)
August 24th, 2016: v0.91
- Updated to Oculus SDK 1.6
- Performance improvements with Unity's new Single Pass Stereo Rendering
- Thrust is now on Triggers
- Can now Roll the ship with shoulder buttons
April 20th, 2016: v0.9
- Updated SDK for shiny new Rifts (runtime 1.3)
- Added some windows to the ship.
September 8th, 2015: V 0.7 Initial release for Rift
- A quick and dirty conversion from a Gear VR app, still a few references to the ear VR controls in the audio. I'll re-record that eventually. :)
- This version was built using the integrated Rift support in Unity 5.1.2f1 - so I believe it is actually using Oculus SDK 0.6.0.2.
I'll be polishing this up and releasing a more complete version in the future. Please send comments, suggestions and other feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.brainblinks.com/contact
There is also a non-vr version of this simulation available for Windows, OSX, Linux, and Android.
In order to download this simulation you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.