Gravity Garden version Alpha 8 is now available
Gravity Garden sprouts to life. The garden's been dormant while I focused on other obligations, but we're back on track and diggin in the virtual dirt. No new content, but a lot of necessary systems are looking much better. Most of the changes in this build are focused on the new version of the menu and locomotion options.
- Removed the Full Body Avatar. I've been messing around with the player movement system and the avatar was requiring way too much attention. I had to tweak and adjust it along with every change I made. So it's gone for now , but may be back in the future.
- New "Artist's Palette" style menu. The Menu button opens the menu that's held in one hand as you select an icon with the opposite hand.
- Point at a seed or tool to see a short description and inventory amount
- New Options tab on the menus. Lots of locomotion options:
- Snap turn + angles
- Smooth turn + speeds
- Free Movement + speeds
- Swap move/rotate hands
- steer with hand or face
- swap hands for info text scree - coming soon.
- Menus and controls are all fully ambidextrous. Use anything with either hand.
- Revised movement system. Smoother when switching gravity on/off and overall more consistent between modes.
- Some tweaks to Teleport system, but it still needs work.
- New cursors for grabbing, info, and menu selection. Should be easier to tell what you are pointing at. Player can still only grab ripe fruits.
- Basic sound effects when player bumps into things or skims across the ground.
Really interested to hear what players think about the locomotion options. I know that everyone has their own preferences when it comes to moving around in VR and I want to give as many options as I can. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Get Gravity Garden
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.