Alpha 4 is ready for planting
Gravity Garden alpha 4 is posted and ready for farming. Quick rundown of all the changes:
- Player can now harvest fruits from plants. Right-hand only for now. Grip button when your hand is near a ripe fruit.
- Fruits now give an indication when they are ripe. More colorful and brighter is ripe.
- Improved Clouds. Now physics-enabled and more efficient.
- 14 new islands to find and explore. Empty (for now)
- 4 new farm-able islands.
- Velocity is transferred when player turns gravity belt off.
- Water and fertilizer particles now inherit velocity from player
- Improved skyboxes
I also worked this month on some of the things players will find when exploring a new island. Keeping these under wraps for now so that I can have something juicy to reveal for my next big marketing push. These will be little bits of eye-candy, small self-contained experiences, new plants, and other WTFderful things.
Still trying to work out how the player will deal with harvested fruits. Need a fun/easy way to turn them into seeds and other resources. So far my experiments have failed. :) Next I'd like to try something attached to the players wrist that they can use to convert the fruits.
I've been experimenting a little with the controls, too. I like the current setup, but I feel like it needs to be simpler. Confusing right now with the grip button vs the trigger button. Looking for some way that I can make them interchangable or otherwise define their functions more clearly.
Get Gravity Garden
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.